Join our mailing list
- You are here:
- University of Leeds International Concert Series
- Join in with Pete Coe as he plays some incredible instruments and sings super songs about awesome animals, brave beasts and crafty creatures. Songs with stories, actions, dances and a carnival of choruses.
- Samuel Moore will perform a programme of solo guitar works showcasing the many diverse rhythmic forms that shape the flamenco tradition; from fiery dances to dark and introspective laments.
- A rare opportunity to listen to the Sarod, a lute-like instrument that is very popular in India, but rarely heard across the UK in a performance of two north Indian classical Rāgs.
- Fifteen musicians, seven countries, three continents, one band. Together, Världens Band discovers the possibilities when traditions are shared, creativity freed and multiculturalism embraced.
The University Concert Series has brought many illustrious musicians to Leeds and the 2013-14 Series will continue to celebrate and reflect this heritage. As the new Vice-Chancellor I am impressed by the wealth of opportunities the University of Leeds provides for staff, students and the general public to experience music in all its forms...Read More